We all want to know that our lives have meaning and that we will have a lasting impact on the people who matter to us. Respectance is the place to instantly create a personalized Tribute where our family and friends come together to share their favorite memories and relive those irreplaceable moments.
With this innovative, interactive service, users can now easily:
- Share their favorite memories and stories
- Upload or scan special photos
- Invite others to contribute photos and memories to Tributes
- Create of personalized video clips
- Share experiences through personal blogs
- Get in touch with others who have been touched by similar life experiences via user-created Respectance groups
- Communicate with other users through the site for mutual understanding and support
Our company is the first to use emo-social media, the combination of rich media with relevant content, to provide an outlet for emotional expression. With emo-social media, Respectance has created a dedicated venue for sharing emotions and memories online, unlike all-purpose social networking sites like MySpace or Facebook, which are inappropriate for personalized tributes.
Respectance was founded by Richard Derks and Todd Wilkinson and has received Series-A funding from by Solid Ventures and Big Bang Ventures. With its official launch in July of 2007, Respectance is the world's first social media approach to sharing memories. Says co-founder Derks: "Respectance is establishing a new tradition for sharing memories of loved ones. Finally, there is an appropriate outlet for sharing emotions and memories of loved ones for all to appreciate, enjoy and contribute to."
Respectance has offices in San Mateo, USA; Amsterdam, the Netherlands; and Krakow, Poland.
Create the perfect Online Tribute
- Quick and easy setup
- Customise with backgrounds, colours, banners and music
- Share memories and condolences
- Monitor all visitor activity
- Select full privacy controls
With an Respectance memorial website, it's easy to remember and celebrate the lives of loved ones.